It’s week 408 and the new studio is looking nice. With bunting aplenty and BERG bits occupying all corners of rooms it’s now much less like an office and more like a home.
Here’s a few interesting facts about the new place for you:
– It’s opposite (what looks like) a castle and next to a strip club.
– It has two front doors and EIGHT windows. Real windows from which I can see birds. Sadly there are no birds outside today because it is snowing, again.
– Yesterday there were 19 pints of milk in the fridge. Today there are only 11. Oh and here’s a not very interesting fact about Old Street for you: Nowhere sells Nesquik.
– There is a very tall building which I can see from my desk that glows lilac in the evening light and has, on top, two very beautiful bright red lights. (Shame my iPhone camera fails to captcha this).
– Newspaper Club are here too! (They brought bunting as well). I sit with them. They laugh a lot.
Interesting facts aside. In this week’s All Hands, we discussed Weeknotes. What are Weeknotes? Why do we do them,? Who reads them? Should they continue?
Well, apparently Neil’s Mum reads them and this is as good a reason to continue as any, so here’s what’s happening this week…
– Matt is meeting people in the flesh and on the internet (Skype, not dating).
– Jack has also been in and out of meetings and will be spending the end of the week in Russia.
– Alice is busy with the shop, the remote site, and the future of BERG hack days.
– Kari is Zendesk-ing, emailing and wrapping up bits from the move.
– Fraser is also Zendesk-ing but accompanying it with outreach and writing blogs.
– Adam is making exciting things work for Kachina.
– Joe is Kemp.
– Nick is push publication-ing all over the place whilst tweaking networks and Kachina-ing.
– Neil and Andy are prototyping prototyping prototyping.
– Alex is doing some IA and Little Printer things whilst chasing suppliers about paper.
– Denise is Little Printer all the way.
– I have been doing things I haven’t done for three weeks and, last but not least, we hope Mark is having a wonderful time on a well earned holiday with the fam.
1. lloyd davis said on 4 April 2013...
I read weeknotes. They stop me getting too big for my boots.
2. Gianfranco Chicco said on 8 April 2013...
I read them too
3. vanderwal said on 11 April 2013...
I’m a devoted reader of the weeknotes. They are a wonderful glimpse into an interesting parallel world that has people I know and respect doing fascinating things.
4. Paul Morriss said on 22 April 2013...
I read them. Even when they’re necessarily cryptic they are still interesting.