We haven’t had Friday Links for a while, so I’ll keep this relatively compact and to the point. A few things that have been flying around the office mailing list in the last few weeks, in no particular order…
1. The Sinclair ZX failing to pass modern EM testing
3. Simulating the qualities of CRT displays in emulations of old software
4. Lytro cameras now allow you to change perspective as well as focus (without any new hardware, and with all existing Lytro images) – which is a bizarre but brilliant experience
5. Microsoft’s Smartglass working outside of gaming, allowing a second screen for media content:
Using your second screen device, The Dark Knight Rises Xbox SmartGlass experience offers:
- Exclusive content
- Quotes from the film’s director and actors
- A closer look at The Dark Knight Rises’ vehicles, gadgets and characters
- Time-synced information about the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend
- Behind the scenes look at Bane’s in-flight hijacking, the stadium disaster and more
6. Wireless, e-ink supermarket shelf labels
ATOMS give kids of any age the ability to make their toys DO things. And not just new toys – ATOMS were built to work with the stuff kids already have, like LEGOs, costumes, stuffed animals, Barbies and action figures. ATOMS don’t require any electronics skills or programming experience – or supervision from a parent with an engineering degree. In fact, because of the tiny electronics built into each one, kids can make all sorts of cool stuff within 5 minutes of taking ATOMS out of the box.
9. http://www.gifart.org/ (that’s GIF art) / + bonus Christmas Gifs
10. And finally – James Darling‘s last ever link to the list, Bad Kids’ Jokes.
Have a good weekend.
No Comments or Trackbacks