Design, culture, scale, space, superpowers. Key concepts: design and contributing to culture; ourselves as individuals and the big picture; taking action.
PRESENTATION Scope, slide 1 (slides and notes)
There is also a video available.
Scope opened reboot11 in June 2009.
I mention the following books in Scope:
- Design for the real world, Victor Papanek
- Design as art, Bruno Munari
- Visions of technology, Richard Rhodes
- Whole Earth Catalog, Stewart Brand
- Green Mars, Kim Stanley Robinson
- When the body becomes all eyes, Phillip Zarrilli
and other topics covered include million mile tomatoes, President John F Kennedy as a yogic master, superpowers and the tools of production.